Welcome to Reception during. In this first half of the Autumn Term the children will be learning about God’s World.
They will have the opportunity to hear about the things that God has created and to know that He asks us to care for our world. The children will begin to appreciate that God made each one of us different and special and that he cares for us all.
Here are some ways in which you can help at home:
- Share books with your children about the creation story and about the plants and creatures that share our planet
- Help your child to treat all creation with respect, e.g. caring for pets, not dropping litter, etc.
- Talk about the changing seasons, the colours of autumn, etc.
- Tell your child how special they are to you and to God
- Use bedtime prayers as a time to thank God for all the good things He has given to us, especially our families and the new friends at school.
- Encourage your child to show pride in their own achievements.
- Help your child to link sounds to letters and attempt to write their own name.
- Help your child to use and recognise numerals 1-5.
Come and speak to us if there is anything you would like to discuss.
Miss Deegan and Miss Brown