Welcome to Year 5
For your journey through this year, you will need to remember some important things:
The teachers in year 5 are Mr Doidge and Mrs Page. The teaching assistants are Mrs Leeming and Mrs Clark.
- Spellings will be given on a Friday and will be tested on Wednesday.
- Literacy homework is given on a Friday and should be returned for Tuesday.
- Numeracy homework is given on a Friday and should be returned by Tuesday.
- You are expected to read at least 5 times a week at home and your journal must be signed by an adult and brought into school EVERYDAY!
Our PE sessions are on Monday and Friday afternoon.
- You should wear dark shorts (blue or black) and a white t-shirt. Clothing must not have any brand names. (It would be very helpful if you could write your childs name in their PE Kit)
Below is a list of the exciting topics we will be doing this half term
|Literacy||Princes, Peasants and Pestilence – Narrative using personification/journals/English poetry/persuasive speech/letters.|
|Numeracy||Place Value (whole numbers and decimals)/Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division (written and mental)/Time and Metric/Imperial conversions/Equivalents.|
|R.E.||Gifts from God – Creation|
|Science||Working Scientifically/Living Things|
|Geography/History||14th Century England/Using Maps|
|DT||Sketch Books/Printmaking/Historical Recipes|
|Art||Making our own Family Crest|
|Computing||Collecting, Evaluating and Presenting Data and Information|
In Science this half term we have been learning about bacteria and how fast it grows. The children took swabs from various places and then reviewed the results.